Assistant Warehouse Manager
At Got-Rack.com we pride ourselves and live by our motto, “Yes We Can”. Our culture thrives on providing our customers with the best solutions that fit their needs. We seek an enthusiastic, motivated, outgoing, individual to join our ever growing team. We are a leader in The Material Handling Industry with 30+ years providing our customers with superior warehouse solutions. Are you an extraordinary person in an ordinary job? Looking for a career and not just a job? Ready to make a move? Look no further.
The Assistant Warehouse Manager will help lead the Warehouse team by setting and achieving productivity goals, managing inventory, creating communication systems, and setting up logistical organization and transportation systems within the warehouse. Promote our culture of “YES, WE CAN!”
- Assist with the daily workflow of the warehouse
- Assist with inventory and quality control of shipments and counts
- Help supervise a team of 6-10 employees.
- Help handle discipline and termination of employees as needed and in accordance with company policy, with assistance from the HR Manager and Warehouse Manager
- Help to ensure efficient warehouse operations through collaboration and coordination with other departments, the Warehouse Manager, and Operations Management.
- Assist with maintenance activities when needed.
- Help to identify and present new ideas to improve warehouse operations.
- Excellent leadership skills, including the ability to set goals, motivate and manage conflict.
- Effective communication skills including writing, speaking, and active listening.
- Great interpersonal skills
- Exceptional time management and organization skills
- Familiarity with inventory control practices and logistics.
- Familiarity with Kanban and S5 experience preferred
- Ability to work in a team environment with minimal supervision
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Warehouse experience required.
- 2-3 years supervisory experience required.
- Must be able to lift to 25 pounds at a time.
- Must be able to traverse and access all areas of the warehouse.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee and position. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change, or new ones may be assigned at any time with or without notice. 12/30/22