At Got-Rack.com we pride ourselves and live by our motto, “Yes We Can”. Our culture thrives on providing our customers with the best solutions that fit their needs. We seek an enthusiastic, motivated, outgoing, individual to join our ever growing team. We are a leader in The Material Handling Industry with 30+ years providing our customers with superior warehouse solutions. Are you an extraordinary person in an ordinary job? Looking for a career and not just a job? Ready to make a move? Look no further.
The CAD Drafter will use specifications to create detailed drawings for pallet racking systems and warehouse platforms in a manufacturing and material handling setting.
A minimum of 5 – 10 years material handling or pallet rack experience is required.
- Use AutoCAD to draft racking layouts
- Prepare submittal drawings for engineering/permitting
- Work with the sales team to provide conceptual drawings for bids
- Utilize Solidworks and AutoCAD for fabrication detailing and assembly drawings
- Recreate model of racking components using Solidworks, AutoCAD, Revit and physical sample
- Create bill of materials
- Create installation drawings
- Make revisions to drawings frequently
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Extensive knowledge of CAD software
- Revit and Solidworks experience preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Autonomous worker with strong attention to detail
- Ability to juggle multiple projects
- Move between projects without any issues
Education and Experience:
- 5-10 years professional experience in using AutoCAD and Solidworks in a pallet racking and/or material handling setting
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to access and navigate all areas of plant open-air warehouse.
- Must be able to lift to 15 pounds at times.
- Must be able to read a tape measurer and have basic math skills.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee and position. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change, or new ones may be assigned at any time with or without notice. 02/14/23