Position Description/Job Expectations
At Got-Rack.com we pride ourselves and live by our motto, “Yes We Can”. Our culture thrives on providing our customers with the best solutions that fit their needs. We seek an enthusiastic, motivated, outgoing, individual to join our ever growing team. We are a leader in The Material Handling Industry with 30+ years providing our customers with superior warehouse solutions. Are you an extraordinary person in an ordinary job? Looking for a career and not just a job? Ready to make a move? Look no further.
The Fabrication Manager is responsible for the most effective and efficient use of fabrication, while maintaining accuracy and quality. This position reports directly to the Operations Manager and is responsible for employees’ workflow in the Fabrication department.
- Oversees the daily workflow of the welders and fabrication; schedules and organizes staff to ensure proper staffing.
- Manage, lead, and coach a team of 8 to 12 employees through attendance tracking and performance issues.
- Hires and trains new welders, drill line operators, saw operators, and iron workers
- Handles discipline and termination of employees as needed and in accordance with company policy, with assistance from the HR Manager and Operations Manager.
- Have complete technical knowledge of blueprint drawings mezzanine components
- Supervise 8 to 12 fabrication employees in the daily activities of grinding, sawing, welding, and iron working.
- Manage “quality control”, and quantity of work.
- Track and ensure accuracy of steel product moving in and out of the department.
- Verify material is accurate to sales order specifications and double check measurements per blueprints and bill of materials
- Collaborate with Operations Managers on performance evaluations, merit increases, and disciplinary procedures.
- Follow and ensure daily department end of shift lock down procedures are followed and completed.
- Ensure a safe and clean working environment.
- Basic math skills required.
- Ability to read and understand blueprints
- Multi tasking a must.
- Excellent communication skills.
- 3+ years of progressive experience in a manufacturing environment.
- 3+ years’ experience welding
- Forklift ability and experience
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- 3-4 years supervisory or team lead experience required.
- Must be able to lift to 50 pounds at a time.
- Must be able to traverse and access all areas of the warehouse.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee and position. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change, or new ones may be assigned at any time with or without notice. 12/13/22