Powder Coat Manager
At Got-Rack.com we pride ourselves and live by our motto, “Yes We Can”. Our culture thrives on providing our customers with the best solutions that fit their needs. We seek an enthusiastic, motivated, outgoing, individual to join our ever growing team. We are a leader in The Material Handling Industry with 30+ years providing our customers with superior warehouse solutions. Are you an extraordinary person in an ordinary job? Looking for a career and not just a job? Ready to make a move? Look no further.
The Powder Coat Manager is responsible for the most effective and efficient use of the powder coat line and oven, while maintaining accuracy and quality control. This position reports directly to the Production Operation Manager and is responsible for employees’ workflow in Powder Coat area. The Powder Coat Manager will work closely with the Paint Manager to achieve production goals and quality.
- Oversees the daily workflow of the powder coat line; schedules and organizes staff to ensure proper staffing
- Manage, lead, and coach a team of 8-12 employees through attendance tracking and performance issues
- Hires and trains new powder coat employees
- Handles discipline and termination of employees as needed and in accordance with company policy, with assistance from the HR Manager and Production Operation Manager
- Have complete technical knowledge of an automated coating line and oven
- Supervise 8-12 powder coat employees in the daily activities of loading and unloading materials on the powder coat line
- Ensure line loading/density practices to avoid line stoppage and assure maximum output per shift
- Supervise general maintenance of the washer, dry off oven, conveyor and powder coating equipment
- Control costs associated with line run time
- Follow and ensure daily department end of shift lock down procedures are followed and completed
- Ensure a safe and clean working environment
- Track and ensure accuracy of steel product moving in and out of the department with assistance from Paint Manager
- Verify material is accurate to sales order specifications and double check measurements of materials on the line
- Ensure powder coat production accuracy to job order
- Collaborate with Paint and Operations Managers on performance evaluations, merit increases, and disciplinary procedures
- Basic math skills required
- Multi tasking is a must
- Excellent communication skills
- 3+ years of progressive experience in a manufacturing environment
- 3+ years powder coating experience
- Forklift ability and experience
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Warehouse experience required.
- 3-4 years supervisory or team lead experience required.
- Must be able to lift to 55 pounds at a time.
- Must be able to traverse and access all areas of the warehouse.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee and position. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change, or new ones may be assigned at any time with or without notice. 12/13/22